A: I need some help with this invitation card for next month. B: Sure, have a seat, what can I do?A: The boss wants the design of the invitation a little more clean, whit colors like blue, white and yellow.B: ok, I will try to change all the design for next month.What do you think of this kind of design? A: oh! It´s perfect! The boss will love it.
WRITING
A: Hello Francisco we need to put some rules for service customers.
B: We can put in a list some values to fallow and some speech for give a great welcome to our customers.
A: What do you think something like “welcome to Steren, is a pleasure to serve you, how can I help you?
B: Yes! And some values like be respectful, patience, grateful, and empathic.
SPEAKING
A: Are you ready for your business trip?
B: Yes!, but I´m a little scare. I´m going to Japan and the culture is very different there.
A: That´s right! I heard that you have to get off your shoes before enter to a house and some restaurants, also if you are in business and the other person invite you a drinks night you can´t say “no” is a bad modal.
B: Oh my god! But I don’t like to drink, that is horrible.
A: Don’t worry Japanese persons understand that you are not accustomed.
WRITING
A: Hi Valeria, I´m going to travel in a month to India, but some friend told me that is dangerous, because it´s very easy that people steal me.
B: wow! Travel to India is very different experience, and I heard something similar too, but I read in a blog that you need to put your backpack always front of you like hug it, and buy a padlock.
A: that can help me, thank you.
UNIT 3 MANAGEMENT STYLES
SPEAKING
A: Hello Ana we are doing some questions to our employed about the managers.
B: Sure, ask me.
A: Do you have a complaint about one of the managers?
B: Maybe I can say that Evelyn is a little rude with us, is very authoritarian, she didn’t take very good ideas from others when she has a problem with the work. If she were paternalistic, maybe everything will be easier.
A: Thank you the observation.
WRITING
Hello Evelyn I´m writing you this because some employees told me that you are very authoritarian and this make the work more difficult.
I suggest you to take a different style, like paternalistic. Is important to listen opinions of your work team. Maybe they can watch mistakes that you don’t. Think it please.
UNIT 4 TEAM BUILDING
SPEAKING
A: We need to choose our team carefully and for does this correctly we need to talk about personalities and roles.
B: Well we need for our publicity team a very creative person.
A: My uncle daughter is designer; she is working now in a very important company of publicity she can help us.
B: that´s awesome!, also is very important to have an objective person and harmonious for take decisions more easy.
A: well I think that you are the perfect person to that responsibility.
B: Thank you!
WRITING
Hello everyone this is Valeria, I´m writing this because I need to do a new team for the organization of a very important weeding, these are customers are from India, so you know that they are very strict with their ideas.
I need that all the persons in the team being passion with their work, I don´t want person doing thing with bad faces.
Also the most important thing is that I need person’s very objective, and creative, these customers have ideas very difficult to construct. And also I need a harmonious person that when the things are out of control he helps to the work goes correctly.
UNIT 5 PRODUCTION
SPEAKING
A: Hello Susan how are you?
B: Fine thank you, I´m exited to be here.
A: Well tell me about your last work.
B: I was working in a store of jewelry made by hand; I have the responsibility of organization all de stones and accessories for the jewelry
A: were you involved in the made of the jewelry?
B: No always I was behind the counter. But my boss always take courses and she give me the opportunity for take all of theme, all learn basic of imitation jewelry.
A: That is perfect; you are the only person that has that knowledge.
WRITING
Good evening, my name is Valeria I am writing this email for the new position that you share on internet.
I was working in ABC Company since I had 18 years all, now I have 23 year old, so all that years I was learning about manufacturing, I have a lot of experience.
My duties in my last work were the assembly of different electronics that is my specialty.
Also I´m very creative, sometimes I help the company to choose new accessories for electronics or new colors rage and design for smartphones.
UNIT 6 Marketing
Speaking
A: Hi Valeria, how are you today?
B:Hi Ulises, Im fine what about you?
A: Im doing well thank you, Im here to talk about something that I have in mind about our new advertising campaign
B: Ok, tell me about it
A: Ok, so here is the thing, Im creating a new product and the advertising that I have in mind its on social media, try to get some clients by making a give away
B: Omg that sounds interesting! And how are you going to make it?
A: Im going to give 5 product randomly to 5 people that share and liked our page
B: Count on me! When are we going to start?
A:Tomorrow morning, I already have all planned
B:Perfect! See you tomorrow morning
A: Bye! Have a nice day
B:Thanks, you too!
Writing
Hello everybody the reason why Im sending to you this e-mail is about the launch of our new hair products, it will be organic and biodegradable, we were thinking the CEOs and I where can we star selling, and we made a market study and we are going to sale this product on the most popular malls and on the most crowded streets, launching some promotions and free tests of our products by talking every person that walk near to us.
Sincerely yours, Ulises
Speaking
A: Hi Valeria, how are you today?
B:Hi Ulises, Im fine what about you?
A: Im doing well thank you, Im here to talk about something that I have in mind about our new advertising campaign
B: Ok, tell me about it
A: Ok, so here is the thing, Im creating a new product and the advertising that I have in mind its on social media, try to get some clients by making a give away
B: Omg that sounds interesting! And how are you going to make it?
A: Im going to give 5 product randomly to 5 people that share and liked our page
B: Count on me! When are we going to start?
A:Tomorrow morning, I already have all planned
B:Perfect! See you tomorrow morning
A: Bye! Have a nice day
B:Thanks, you too!
Writing
Hello everybody the reason why Im sending to you this e-mail is about the launch of our new hair products, it will be organic and biodegradable, we were thinking the CEOs and I where can we star selling, and we made a market study and we are going to sale this product on the most popular malls and on the most crowded streets, launching some promotions and free tests of our products by talking every person that walk near to us.
Sincerely yours, Ulises
Unit 7 Finance
Speaking
A: Hi, How are you?
B: Hello! Im doing good, what about?
A:Good thanks, Did you complete the report for this month?
B: Yes, I did there you go
A: How are our numbers?
B: Well, they're up from the last month, but we get a lost over three months.
A: A lost?Why?
B: We bought new equipment. It was too expensive.
A: Oh yes, I remember
B: Hope we get a lot of money next month
A: I hope too, send me this to my email please
B: Sure, Give me one minute
A: Thanks!
Writing
From: Ulises Dueñas
To: Mr. Francisco
Subject: Last Quarter
Dear Mr. Francisco
As you were asking about the annual financial report, there was a net loss in the previous month. Takings actually increased over the period so this was not the problem. The reason for the loss was that we bought some equipment during the last month.This loss should not detract us from the fact that the business is essentially profitable. Indeed we expect earnings to increase still further in the next quarter, though we're not quite sure yet whether we will show a profit for the period. Sincerely yours
Ulises
Unit 8 Sales
Speaking
A: I saw this brochure for our new products, it really looks amazing!
A: Mm, these things are expensive and must of the people just see them and throw it into the trash can. Do you think it's necessary?
B: Well. We have some salespeople who haven't generated an appointment in months. Clearly, they need to adjust their pitches somehow.
A: Yes, good point.
B: We could try it.
A: I see. Well, if you think it will be worth it, go ahead. I need to know if our sales team can manage our existing accounts.
B: Well, some of our key contacts have shown some resistance to our latest sales drives. But we haven't lost any accounts.
A: Do we need to bring new people?
B: Not yet. Let's see if my boss can help us
Writing
From: Ulises
To: Francisco
I think it would be a good idea for our sales team to attend a sales seminar. I've found a course which promises to equip salespeople with everything they need to sale what our clients need.I think going on this seminar and working with other sales professionals would really benefit our sales team: I think they need to get some confidence and that last little bit which makes the difference between getting a sale and not getting a sale.
Sincerely yours
Ulises
Unit 9 Quality Standars
Speaking
A:Have you had a chance to read our new plicies yet?
B: I have, but they're a bit confusing.
A: Are they?.
B: Yes, but I already fix them. Now are more understandable
A: Any other questions before we get going?
B: Yes I want to know how to publish them
A: Actually, that's the manager's responsibility.
B: But I have to know about it anyway?
A: Yes you have, but it’s not necessary on this time.
B: OK. One last question. How long does this last?
A: The process last 15 days
Writing
We take great pride in the quality of our work. All new employees must learn about the policies published by our company that apply to our field. You must learn these things to make sure that our company serves all the statutes regulating our industry and to maintain the highest quality standards. You need to focus on the areas that apply to our industry. We are all responsible for every product that leaves our factory. Every employee must complete a course and will get certification when you complete the course.
Unit 10 Achieving perfection
Speaking
B: Hi Vale. What were the results from the marketing study?
A: We got great results. In fact, we are better than our competition.
B:Those are great news. But how did you make sure?
A:I compared production numbers.
B:Great!
A:We spend about a quarter of our budget on production. But the bigger competitors spend almost twice that.
B:I see. They produce more, but our ways to make products save more money than theirs.
A:Exactly.
Writing
From: Ulises
To: Francisco
Subject: marketing study
We made our marketing study and the results are very good. We are better than our competitors. We can see this because we only spend about 10% of our budget on production compared to almost 20%by our competitors. So even though they produce more, our methods save more money than theirs. Our production line is very efficient the marketing department is not so good.
A: I agree completely.
B: I'm glad to have your support Belen. I know the other board members value your opinion.
Main goals: Stabilizing the company's assets and improving name recognition Note that appropriate resource allocation has been discussed with all the company vice presidents.
Board members' vote: Next board meeting.
Writing
Speaking
Speaking
Speaking
A: Hi, How are you?
B: Hello! Im doing good, what about?
A:Good thanks, Did you complete the report for this month?
B: Yes, I did there you go
A: How are our numbers?
B: Well, they're up from the last month, but we get a lost over three months.
A: A lost?Why?
B: We bought new equipment. It was too expensive.
A: Oh yes, I remember
B: Hope we get a lot of money next month
A: I hope too, send me this to my email please
B: Sure, Give me one minute
A: Thanks!
Writing
From: Ulises Dueñas
To: Mr. Francisco
Subject: Last Quarter
Dear Mr. Francisco
As you were asking about the annual financial report, there was a net loss in the previous month. Takings actually increased over the period so this was not the problem. The reason for the loss was that we bought some equipment during the last month.This loss should not detract us from the fact that the business is essentially profitable. Indeed we expect earnings to increase still further in the next quarter, though we're not quite sure yet whether we will show a profit for the period. Sincerely yours
Ulises
Unit 8 Sales
Speaking
A: I saw this brochure for our new products, it really looks amazing!
A: Mm, these things are expensive and must of the people just see them and throw it into the trash can. Do you think it's necessary?
B: Well. We have some salespeople who haven't generated an appointment in months. Clearly, they need to adjust their pitches somehow.
A: Yes, good point.
B: We could try it.
A: I see. Well, if you think it will be worth it, go ahead. I need to know if our sales team can manage our existing accounts.
B: Well, some of our key contacts have shown some resistance to our latest sales drives. But we haven't lost any accounts.
A: Do we need to bring new people?
B: Not yet. Let's see if my boss can help us
Writing
From: Ulises
To: Francisco
I think it would be a good idea for our sales team to attend a sales seminar. I've found a course which promises to equip salespeople with everything they need to sale what our clients need.I think going on this seminar and working with other sales professionals would really benefit our sales team: I think they need to get some confidence and that last little bit which makes the difference between getting a sale and not getting a sale.
Sincerely yours
Ulises
Unit 9 Quality Standars
Speaking
A:Have you had a chance to read our new plicies yet?
B: I have, but they're a bit confusing.
A: Are they?.
B: Yes, but I already fix them. Now are more understandable
A: Any other questions before we get going?
B: Yes I want to know how to publish them
A: Actually, that's the manager's responsibility.
B: But I have to know about it anyway?
A: Yes you have, but it’s not necessary on this time.
B: OK. One last question. How long does this last?
A: The process last 15 days
Writing
We take great pride in the quality of our work. All new employees must learn about the policies published by our company that apply to our field. You must learn these things to make sure that our company serves all the statutes regulating our industry and to maintain the highest quality standards. You need to focus on the areas that apply to our industry. We are all responsible for every product that leaves our factory. Every employee must complete a course and will get certification when you complete the course.
Unit 10 Achieving perfection
Speaking
B: Hi Vale. What were the results from the marketing study?
A: We got great results. In fact, we are better than our competition.
B:Those are great news. But how did you make sure?
A:I compared production numbers.
B:Great!
A:We spend about a quarter of our budget on production. But the bigger competitors spend almost twice that.
B:I see. They produce more, but our ways to make products save more money than theirs.
A:Exactly.
Writing
From: Ulises
To: Francisco
Subject: marketing study
We made our marketing study and the results are very good. We are better than our competitors. We can see this because we only spend about 10% of our budget on production compared to almost 20%by our competitors. So even though they produce more, our methods save more money than theirs. Our production line is very efficient the marketing department is not so good.
Unit 11
Speaking
A: Hello. I just received your email about needing new strategic goals.
B: Yes. This company was at the top of the industry, but we're no longer dominant. That needs to change. A: I agree completely.
B: I'm glad to have your support Belen. I know the other board members value your opinion.
A: The email says that you and the company vice- presidents have formulated a plan to achieve this?
B: Yes, we've been working on it for a month now.
A: I had no idea that you've been thinking about it that long.
B: Well, I wanted to make sure the goals were feasible before presenting them to the board of directors.
A: And you'll be presenting it to us tonight?
B: Yes, I'll be making a formal proposal
A: I assume it will have all the details of the new strategy and how to achieve our goals?
B: That's right.
Writing
Time and location: The meeting will take place in the boardroom on the night of May 1st, at 7 pm.
Proposal: Note that the company has slipped and allowed competitors a foothold in the market. Emphasize the need to dominate the market again and the fact that the company has lots of experience in the market. Propose a new strategic goal that will increase profitability and defend the company's position as industry leader. Main goals: Stabilizing the company's assets and improving name recognition Note that appropriate resource allocation has been discussed with all the company vice presidents.
Board members' vote: Next board meeting.
Unit 12
Speaking
B: Come on, Danna. Out with it. What is it you wanted to talk to me about?
A: It's just some of us are concerned that the company isn't as strong as it used to be.
B: Does this have anything to do with losing the bid for the city contract?
A: Sort of. It just seems like since Axiom Associates got the contract, their business has been booming.
B: I can assure you, Dannaa, that Hewster-Copeland is doing just fine. We actually have the edge on Axiom Associates.
A: We do?
B: We've been in this business a long time. Hewster-
Copeland has a great reputation in the city.
A: That is true.
B: And our excellent relationship with our suppliers also gives us an advantage because they recommend us to their clients.
A: It's just been alarming to see the competition grow so quickly.
Unit 13
Speaking
A: Hi Mike. How did the focus group for the new Shelbourne ad go?
B: It went well, Nancy.
A: Great!
B: But there were some things the participants didn't like about it.
A: Oh ... I thought it was really innovative. What didn't they like?
B: Well, the target audience for the product is adults over forty, right?
A: Yes, that's right. Most young people wouldn't be interested in that type of vehicle.
B: Ok, well, some of them thought the ad was too edgy ...
Writing
Dear John, Just to let you know about yesterday's focus group for the new Shelbourne ad. Although the participants like some parts of the ad and found it innovative, they were not so keen on the edgy nature of the advert. After all, as they pOinted out, the car is aimed at adults over forty. Most young people wouldn't be interested in a car like that, yet the focus group felt that the advert seemed to be designed to appeal to this group. I'm afraid we probably need to rethink this particular advertising campaign as this is not the first time we have had this response from a focus group to this ad. Grace
Unit 14
Speaking
A: Professor. I'm John Dexter, from 'Market News'. Do you have a minute?
B: Oh yes, I can spare a few minutes to talk.
A: Do you think that your lecture was well received?
B: Yes, the audience seemed interested in what I had to say about the global economy.
A: And does global commerce always benefit a country?
B: Well, there are some downsides to globalization. But the good usually outweighs the bad.
A: Can you give me an example of one of the downsides?
B: Well, in some industrialized countries globalization has led to loss of employment. But I'd prefer you not to mention that in your article.
A: That's OK. I have plenty of other material.
Writing
How globalization affects the world economy: it leads to increased economic output in many places, which in turn leads to a higher standard of living. Why global trade benefits countries: global trade allows developing countries to trade with industrialized nations. This can help increase gross domestic product, reduce national debts and consumers may also benefit by getting goods at lower prices. Why global trade makes countries dependent on each other: once countries start buying and selling things between each other this means that the decisions of consumers in one country make on what to buy have an effect in the other country, even if it is very far away.
Unit 15
Speaking
A: Aren't they having some sort of meeting in London right now?
B: Yes, it's called a Ministerial Conference.
A: I thought I saw something on the news about people protesting outside.
B: Well, like I said in my blog ... the WTO is controversial.
A: I don't see why. I mean, there needs to be some kind of organization to oversee international trade.
B: Some people think governments should be able to regulate it instead.
A: Yeah, but who's going to regulate the governments when they make trade deals?
B: Well, other governments could put their own trade sanctions on a country that violated any agreements.
A: It still seems like it's more practical to have one organization that govern's global trade.
Writing
There is a World Trade Organization (WTO) Ministerial Conference taking place in London this week. These things are pretty controversial, there are those that say the WTO has too much power, for example a nation's laws mustn't violate the WTO's laws. Also the WTO can place trade sanctions on member countries if they violate a law. But without the WTO trade would only be regulated by trade deals made between countries, though it might be possible for other governments to put their own trade sanctions on a country that violated any agreements. And the WTO helps developing countries establish trade with industrialized nations, boosting the trade of all involved. It also ensures that global business between nations is equal and fair.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario